E3 2012: Microsoft Recap
The Microsoft Press Conference closed out on better note than last years, but still didn’t feel all that strong. Here’s a list of some of the highlights from the event.
- We got our first taste of gameplay and a new enemy threat, the Forerunners, in Halo 4.
- Gears of War is getting a 4th game, titled Gears of War: Judgement, in 2013.
- We got a great look at how Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will play.
- Sam Fisher is returning in Splinter Cell: Blacklist in Spring of 2013.
- Some rather intense and frenetic gameplay of Resident Evil 6 featuring Leon S. Kennedy.
- Gameplay footage for Tomb Raider which showed off its more visceral style as well as some QTE elements.
- Xbox SmartGlass was unveiled as a means to sync PCs, Tablets, Phones and the 360 by sharing content between all of those devices. It will launch some time in October.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth will release early 2013.
- Forza Horizon will feature a street racing aspect and will be racing onto shelves October 23rd of this year.
- Ascend: New Gods, Matter, Wreckateer and LocoCycle were announced as first-party titles. Wreckateer will release later this summer while the rest are slated for 2013.
- There was a little star power on stage courtesy of Joe Montana, a performance by Usher, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
Be sure to catch our recaps of Sony’s (tonight) and Nintendo’s (tomorrow) conference as well!