There were 23 games shown off today at the Nintendo press conference ranging from the hardcore to casual. There’s a lot to go over from this press conference, all of which you’ll see after the break.
- Nintendo began with Shigeru Miyamoto live onstage to show off Pikmin 3. The game features some beautiful visuals and 4 commanders to use.
- Super Mario Bros. U was next up and the ability to use the Miiverse was quickly glossed over. Revealed was some new power ups and… YOSHI!
- The Wii U GamePad was highlighted in-depth. Each button’s function was shown off close-up.
- Last year’s smash hit, Batman: Arkham City, is headed to the Wii U in its new Armored Edition.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited was revealed and a short trailer was given.
- A montage of third-party games played, showing some huge titles, such as Darksiders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Bioware’s Mass Effect 3.
- Nintendo wants you to do karaoke with SiNG.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 is going to be pure gold! Launching August 19th, 2012.
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon will be released before the end of the year
- Wii Fit U is the next game in the health craze.
- Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot was live onstage to highlight games like Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 and ZombiU.
- Nintendo closed with Nintendo Land, a game that seems to combine Mario Party and Wii Play. Featuring a number of notable Nintendo franchises, such as The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Luigi’s Mansion, the game will please young gamers with bright boards to adventure inside with friends.
Something that wasn’t included was Pokemon Conquest. But we have a new trailer anyways!
Below is the trailer for Wii U’s lineup.
Overall, Nintendo gave a decent press conference in an overall disappointing display from the first-party developers thus far. There is still one more Nintendo “Game Showcase” tomorrow night at 6pm. Stick with us as we’ll have coverage of the event, as well as, much more from E3 2012.