Here are your top five films at the box office for the weekend of Aug. 24th-26th:
- The Expendables 2 - $13.5m = $52,314,000 10-Day Total - ($100m production budget)
- The Bourne Legacy - $9.3m = $85,500,000 17-Day Total - ($125m production budget)
- ParaNorman - $8.546m = $28,274,000 10-Day Total - (production budget n/a)
- The Campaign - $7.44m = $64,543,000 17-Day Total - (production budget n/a)
- The Dark Knight Rises - $7.15m = $422,188,000 38-Day Total - ($250m production budget)
Climbing back up to number two is last week’s number three film, The Bourne Legacy. The spin-off/sequel starring Jeremy Renner continues to trudge along as it took in another $9 million this past weekend upping its domestic total to over $85 million in the U.S. The film is still $40 million shy of breaking even with its production budget and will more than likely fall just short of that mark.
This week’s number three film was last week’s number two film, ParaNorman. The stop motion animation film took in over $8 million this past weekend and has thus far grossed over $28 million in its ten days of release.
Staying steady at fourth is the political comedy, The Campaign. Ferrell and Galafianakis continue to draw in audiences as the film took in another $7 million to bring up its domestic total to over $64 million in seventeen days.
Rounding out the top five is the conclusion to Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises. The comic book film took in another $7 million in its sixth weekend at the box office, bringing up its domestic total to over $422 million over thirty-eight days.
Here’s how the rest of the top ten plays out:
6. The Odd Life of Timothy Green - $7.125m = $27,080,000 12-Day Total - (production budget n.a)
7. Premium Rush - $6.3m (Opening Weekend) - ($35m production budget)
8. 2016 Obama’s America - $6.238m = $9,075,000 45-Day Total - (production budget n/a)
9. Hope Springs - $6m = $45,000,000 17-Day Total - (production budget n/a)
10. Hit and Run - $4.675m (Opening Weekend) = $5,868,000 5-Day Total - ($2m production budget)