Pop GO is once again looking to recruit a few dedicated writers to fill multiple open, full-time slots! We’re looking for people interested in reviewing anime for us starting this Winter season and reporting otaku-related news starting immediately.
Those who have a passion for otaku culture, love to write and are willing to review anime or report news from otaku culture (anime, gaming, manga, to name a few), please check the break for details. If you know someone who may be interested, by all means, please direct them to this post!
Hit the break for details!
Before reading about the job details for each position, it’s very important that all potential recruits first and foremost understand and are able to meet our basic criteria:
- Must have a passion for geek and otaku culture.
- Must be able to display above average writing and composition skills.
- Must be consistently active and meet weekly quota.
- Must be able to work independently yet willing to participate in group write-ups.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must commit to reviewing at least one full season.
- Must review at least 3 weekly anime series each season.
- Must be able to submit reviews no more than 3 days after episodes are released.
- Must participate in seasonal group anime Spotlights.
- Must love anime.
We’ve also changed and added one important requirement: the potential recruit must have prior anime reviewing experience or anime blogging experience — through your own personal blog or through other anime sites — and must provide a reference (sample of your work; link to your blog or a website).
Otaku News Contributor
- Must submit 4-5 otaku-related news posts (preferably mostly anime and manga news with the occasional gaming, toys and/or culture news mixed in).
- Must love otaku culture.
Experience is not a must, but it would be a plus. Being able to read Japanese would be a nice plus, too, but not very important. If you’re someone who frequents news sites like Anime News Network and have always wanted to share news with others and are able to paraphrase news in your own words, then this position is for you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to compensate you for your reviews/contributions at this time. Your work, however, will have the opportunity to reach out to a good number of readers and you will be able to garner writing experience.
If you’re a person passionate about geek and otaku culture, love to write about anime or other mediums in otaku culture, understand and feel like you fit the criteria above and are still interested in one of the positions and interested in joining the Pop GO team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!