1) What makes you a(n) [geek or otaku]?
Pretty much my love of comics. Since I was a wee child I’ve read them, and I’ve never really taken any time out. As opposed to growing out of them like I’m ‘supposed’ to, over the years I’ve got deeper into the medium, branching out from a few Marvel reprint titles to trade paperbacks, and then titles from DC and other companies.
Add to this my love for sci-fi programmes, and the fact that I spend far too much time on the internet geeking out over useless little titbits, I’d say I’m maybe a bit of a geek. Just a bit.
2) Zombie invasion will hit your town in t-minus 24 hours: What will you do?
Go into my room and try to get any one of my promotional Green Lantern Blackest Night ring to work, and then fight them off harnessing the power of willpower from the emotional spectrum. I’ll also bond with the Ion entity, so I get a real power boost.
3) You will be banished to a deserted island and can only bring 3 items: Which 3 will you bring?
- A bunch of trades and comics from my collection, to see if I can get any tips on survival or just a bit of lovely entertainment.
- Selection of some books, both fiction and non-fiction.
- Tools to fashion a bow and arrow, so I can train myself up to be the Emerald Archer.
4) You just moved into a neighborhood inhabited by a bunch of fictional characters (anime, manga, comics, games, tv, film, etc.):
a. Who would you borrow sugar from?
Ma and Pa Kent. Lovely people.
b. Who would you ask to baby sit the kids?
Ben Grimm, aka the Thing. Everyone loves him.
c. Whose wi-fi do you steal?
Tony Stark’s. He’s got to have a pretty damn good service.
d. Who’s your BFF?
Rattrap from Transformers: Beast Wars. He’s a right laugh, and a charmer too.
e. Whose Facebook invite do you not accept?
Dr Doom. Guy’s got an ego problem.
5) Five Words: Full time pedestrian and geek.